This course aims to assist people working in the financial and non-financial industries to comply with anti-money laundering regulations understand how money laundering works and their legal obligations with regards to identification and reporting of suspicious transactions.
After the completion of the webinar, participants are expected to:
The offered Professional Training Course has been approved by the Human Resources Development Authority of Cyprus (HRDA).
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND?|
This program is specifically designed for:
Front and back-office staff, Compliance Officers and assistant compliance, Accountants, Lawyers, Internal Auditors, Executive directors, other persons working in regulated financial and non-financial sector.
This seminar contributes to Continuing Professional Development for 6 CPD Units.
Venue: The course will be held online via zoom
Date & Time: 29th November & 30th November 2021, 10:00 – 13:15
Language: Greek language with slides in English
The seminar’s cost and duration for participation is presented on the table below:
|Cost to the company|
|6 hours (2 days)||€180 + 19% VAT||€102||
Introduction: Goals and purpose
1. Understanding Money Laundering:
Case studies: Real-life case studies that show recent trends on money laundering and terrorist financing.
Quiz questions – Understanding Money Laundering
2. Legal developments in combatting Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing
3. Quiz: Legal developments in Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing
1. The risk-based approach.
2. Business-wide risk assessment
3. Individual customer risk assessment
4. Examples: The participants will be provided with some examples that they will need to assess the relevant risk factors to establish the risk level of the customer.
5. Quiz: Implement the risk-based approach
1. Customer Due Diligence (CDD) procedures:
2. Quiz: CDD implementation
1. The anti-money laundering compliance program
2. Policies and procedures
3. Case study: Real case scenario of financial institutions that have failed in the implementation of a successful Anti-money laundering program.
4. Quiz: The AML program, policies and procedures
Anna Stylianou holds a BSc (Hons) in the Retail Financial Services and has an Associateship from the London Institute of Banking and Finance (ALIBF). She has extensive experience in the banking industry and the overall financial services sector in Cyprus. She is certified by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) with the Advanced and AML Certification, and a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
Anna has gained experienced in various entities regulated by the Central Bank of Cyprus and CySEC, either as an employee or as an independent advisor with specialization in the area of Compliance and AML. She is a certified trainer by the Human Resource and Development Authority (HRDA).
Contact Mrs. Ivi Papaioannou at email@example.com (22 558836)